Footwear Science publishes reports of original research in the disciplines of biomechanics, ergonomics, physiology, clinical science, kinanthropometry, physics, engineering and mathematics. The use of footwear or footwear components, or application of the results to footwear is a major component of the research published in this international, peer-reviewed Journal. Methodological as well as experimental papers may be submitted, and the journal accepts original articles, reviews and perspective articles (usually by editorial invitation only), book reviews and letters to the Editor. The criteria for acceptance of manuscripts include: scientifi c excellence and rigor, novelty, signifi cance, clarity, conciseness and interest to our broad readership.
Papers published in the journal may cover a wide range of topics within the broad scope of footwear science, including, but not limited to:
- Influence of footwear on kinematics and kinetics of human movement
- Influence of footwear and footwear design on human performance
- Applications of research to design of all types of functional and purpose-built footwear
- Research applied to casual, dress, fashion, duty, athletic, and specialty footwear
- Footwear in prevention and treatment of diseases of lower extremity
- Role of footwear in the prevention and treatment of athletic injury
- Shoe properties and human perceptions
- Human factors applied to fi t and function of footwear
- Measurement of footwear biomechanical and physical properties
All published research articles in this journal will undergo rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and anonymous refereeing by independent expert referees.