The newest issue of Footwear Science is currently available online as well as in print. Footwear Science Volume 9, Issue 1, 2017 contains 5 original research articles focussed on foot torsion, aging of footwear foams, soccer cleats, women's last design and cross fit footwear. Additionally, this issue includes a review article focused on football shoe charactoristics, performance and injury risk.
The full list of articles within the current issue include:
- Effect of torsional stiffness on biomechanical variables of the lower extremity during running - Graf, Wannop, Schlarb, Stefanyshyn
- Mechanical ageing performance of minimalist and traditional footwear foams - Lippa, Collins, Bonacci, Piland, Rawlins, Gould
- The influence of different soccer cleat type on kinetic, kinematic and neuromuscular ankle variables in artificial turf - Silva, Santos, Vilas-Boas, Macedo, Montes, Sousa
- Establishing reference sizes for the rear portion of th efoot for use in designing lasts for women's shoes - Nakayama, Abe, Nagai, Oi, Oi
- The effects of cross-fit footwear on the kinetics and kinematics of running - Sinclair, Sant
- The influence of football shoe characteristics on athletic performance and injury risk - a review - Kulessa, Gollhofer, Gehring