Below you will find job postings related to footwear biomechanics. The list is updated as of February 6, 2019.
Under Armour - SPORTS RESEARCHER - BIOMECHANICS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Develop and support footwear innovation and inline projects in creating products rooted in performance testing across footwear categories (run, train, cleated, basketball)
- Participate in the development of new lab tools, methods and procedures that will streamline data acquisition and cross-functional initiatives
- Optimize research and lead the data collection process
- Facilitate and collaborate on product validation and testing
- Collaborate with external consultants, and internal teams including Development and Design
- Lead the transfer and direct application of UA Lab results in the creation of innovative, performance-driven products
- Support and assist in the development of a robust program to explore athlete insights and authenticate athlete performance benefits
- Participate in the broader UA Innovation community as an expert in my field of footwear and sport biomechanics
- Demonstrate Under Armour’s commitment to footwear performance research through attendance at scientific meetings and conferences
- A passion for performance and for shoes!
- Strong technical skills with biomechanical equipment and data along with a proficiency in collecting biomechanical data on human subjects
- Expert ability to take complex test data and distill it into useful information that footwear product teams can use to build best-in-class products
- Desire and ability to take risks, and to take responsibility for results – must be a finisher. Strong intuition to find and solve problems using both consumer insight and design thinking.
- Excellent Mac or PC computer skills; computer programming would be an asset
- Must be creative, detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure to successfully meet competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present technical information and respond to questions from non-technical groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Education: BS in Biomechanics, exercise physiology or similar, with performance footwear experience
- Experience: Solid understanding of footwear design, construction and materials. Experience working with biomechanics, footwear and mechanical and physiological testing
Full details of the job posting and information for applying for the job can be viewed at https://careers.underarmour.com/job/portland/sports-researcher-biomechanics/7686/10729161